Stepping Forward into Engaging with Communities
December 10 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
It is essential for any Community Group, Voluntary Organization or Social Enterprise to engage with the communities they serve. As the National Standards for Community Engagement state, “Community Engagement is the process of involving communities…” and this should be at every stage in the development of an organization and the services it provides. When Community Engagement is carried out well it enhances both the life of the organization and the communities it serves.
In this interactive session facilitated by the GCVS Development Officer for Community Empowerment & Facilities, the following questions will be explored:
- What is Community Engagement?
- What are the benefits of Community Engagement to the organization and community?
- What are the challenges and when can Community Engagement fall short?
- What are some effective models and examples of good Community Engagement?
- What are the best means and methods of Community Engagement available?
- What are the pros and cons of online Community Engagement?
For more information about the National Standards for Community Engagement: https://www.shb.scot.nhs.uk/board/pfpi/documents/pfpi-ce-userguide.pdf
Please note this is an online event. You will be required to register with Zoom before you can join. This is a free and simple process but does take a few minutes. Please do this at your convenience before the day of the event.
Our GCVS Sector Development free programme that is targeted at small voluntary or community organisations based or delivering in Glasgow who would not otherwise have access to this expertise. Other groups may attend on request. You can check the eligibility criteria here
For more information or support on this training session, please email email@example.com
For information or support on Community Assets please contact firstname.lastname@example.org