Stepping Forward into Assessing Community Need
August 9 @ 10:00 am - August 22 @ 12:00 pm
For any community group, voluntary organisation or social enterprise seeking to provide relevant and effective services, it is essential to assess the needs of the communities they serve. A Community Needs Assessment is an excellent way of achieving this and providing the necessary information to shape service delivery.
In this interactive session facilitated by the GCVS Development Officer for Community Empowerment and Facilities, we will explore the following questions:
- What are the 4 types of Community Needs?
- What is a Community Needs Assessment?
- What are the outcomes and limitations of a Community Needs Assessment?
- What are the components which make up a Community Needs Assessment?
- How should community data be recorded, analysed and presented?
- What are the next steps after assessing community need?
Please note this is an online event. You will be required to register with Zoom before you can join. This is a free and simple process but does take a few minutes. Please do this at your convenience before the day of the event.
Our GCVS Sector Development free programme is targeted at small voluntary or community organisations based or delivering in Glasgow who would not otherwise have access to this expertise. We may support requests from other groups where space is available and at the discretion of the facilitator. You can check the eligibility criteria here
For more information or support on this training session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org