- This event has passed.
Fire Warden Training
April 14 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
This Fire Warden Training course will provide you with a strong understanding of good fire safety measures in workplaces and what your role as a Fire Warden involves.
Fire Wardens contribute to fire safety in their workplace by following control measures, being alert to issues and knowing how to lead a safe evacuation in an emergency. By the end of this training course you will understand:
- The main laws for workplace fire safety;
- Your role as a Fire Warden;
- The different categories of fire;
- How fires start and spread in a workplace;
- Common causes of fires in workplaces;
- Control measures to prevent or minimise fire risks;
- The different types of fire extinguishers and their uses;
- Fire detection, fire warning and fire equipment;
- Requirements for fire plans; and
- Your specific role during an emergency evacuation procedure.
This knowledge will give you a thorough understanding of fire safety and how to successfully fulfil your role as a Fire Warden.
Refreshments only provided- please bring a packed lunch
If you have any questions about this or any other HR or Health & Safety event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
British Sign Language is available on request, please confirm if you need a BSL interpretation in the “Do you have any additional accessibility/learning requirements?” field of the booking form.
We will endeavour to support any requests made for BSL interpreter services however, if the request is received close to the session date we may not be able to accommodate the request and will offer an alternative date
This event is free for Third Sector Organisations in Scotland and is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund