- This event has passed.
Board as Employers
September 30 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Taking on employees is an exciting opportunity and a big step if you are a previously volunteer-run charity. It is important to understand what responsibilities your charity has as an employer so you can make sure your employees have work conditions that are fair, lawful and safe. In this session we will cover:
- Legal and moral obligations for Board, Senior Officer and Staff
- Staff rights and benefits
- The employment relationship
- Contracts of employment
- Health and safety responsibilities
- Strategic v operational input
- Support and supervision of senior officers
Check out who can attend our sessions here
This opportunity has been developed, planned and will be delivered in partnership with the city-wide Glasgow Capacity Building Group including Glasgow City Council, Volunteer Glasgow, CEIS, GCVS, Jobs & Business Glasgow and Glasgow Life.