GCVS understands the growing need for wellbeing support; both for individuals and organisations. We offer a Wellbeing Service for staff and volunteers within organisations who are delivering services in and around Glasgow. Our aim is to ensure they have free access to physical and mental health support including yoga sessions, peer support initiatives and a range of wellbeing workshops.
Find more resources and events below.
If you are looking for wellbeing support, have a look at our resources, list of organisations offering specialised support, and upcoming free events.
- NEW For 2022: Preferential rates for Employee Counseling support through Healing for the Heart: Healing for the Heart Brochure
For support with improving your physical wellbeing, please download our resource.
If you would like to start practicing mindfulness, please download our resource.
If you are looking for ways to boost your confidence, please download our resource
NHS Inform offers a library of mental health self-help guides based on cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT). You can find the library below.
COPE Scotland offers a range of wellbeing resources on their website. Have a look at the link below.
Brothers in Arms developed a digital wellbeing service for men in Scotland. You can download the app from the link below.
Lifelink offer a range of mindfulness and self-help resources in audio and video form. You can listen to and watch the short recordings below.
You can check you current wellbeing with the Wellbeing Assessment Tool available on the Scotland Association for Mental Health website below.
For more information about Long Covid and Chronic Fatigue, have a look at the information sheet compiled by the ME Association
Organisations offering wellbeing support:
Sometimes you might need a confidential space to talk about anything that is on your mind. Below are some of the organisations you can reach out to.
- Samaritans – free and confidential phone service for anyone in the UK, open 24/7. Telephone number: 116 123.
- Breathing Space – free and confidential, phone and webchat service for anyone in Scotland over the age of 16 experiencing low mood, depression or anxiety. Open Weekdays: Monday-Thursday 6pm to 2am and Weekend: Friday 6pm-Monday 6am. Telephone number: 0800 83 85 87
- Childline – free and confidential phone and webchat service for anyone in the UK under the age of 19, open 24/7. Telephone number: 0800 1111
- Lifelink – 1-2-1 counselling and group Cognitive Behavioural therapy for anyone in Glasgow City. To refer yourself or someone else for Lifelink’s services you can complete the online referral form here or telephone on 0141 552 4434.
- Wellbeing Scotland – service offers counselling, support work, advocacy work, and therapeutic groupwork for adults as well as children and families. Free and confidential helpline to find out more about services, open Monday to Friday, 9am to 11am. Telephone number: 0800 121 6027
- Cruse Bereavement Care Scotland – support for anyone experiencing bereavement through a free and confidential helpline and individual and group support. Telephone number: 0808 802 6161, open Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm and Weekends 1pm to 4pm
We have an events programme that includes a variety of free workshops and training sessions to enhance and promote physical and mental wellbeing. Please look out for more events appearing on this page soon.
Wellbeing Events Schedule:
Aerobics with Soul
Aerobics with Soul® is a unique and innovative use of traditional African dance for exercise
|16/02/22||Aerobics With Soul||17:15|
|02/03/22||Aerobics With Soul||17:15|
|02/03/22||Aerobics With Soul||17:15|
|30/03/22||Aerobics With Soul||17:15|
Book your place on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/245817004277
Hatha Yoga classes focusing on controlled poses (asanas) and guided breathing
Book your place on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/164972151145
Introduction to mindfulness and exploration of meditation techniques
Book your place on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/164974106995
Introduction to mindfulness and exploration of meditation techniques with a focus on wellbeing during winter
Book your place on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/164984209211
Session focused on how to identify your stressors and use stress relief techniques
Book your place on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/173601134667
Book your place on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/240146222817
This session provides a supportive and confidential place to share your experiences
|22/02/22||Peer Support for Managers||10:30|
Book your place on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/209852222647
|29/03/22||Peer Support for Supervisors/ Team Leaders||10:30|
Book your place on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/209876094047
Bereavement Awareness and Support
This session will focus on coping with bereavement and grief and how to find support
Book your place on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/262439241837
Book your place on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/173527594707
Menopause and Women’s Health Awareness
This session focuses on the impact of menopause and the current issues surrounding women’s health
|07/04/22||Menopause and WH Awareness||14:00|
Book your place on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/240082271537
Mental Health Awareness
This course focuses on the signs of mental health conditions and supporting anyone experiencing a mental health issue
|02/02/22||Mental Health Awareness||14:00|
Book your place on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/174073798417
|28/04/22||Mental Health Awareness||10:00|
Book your place on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/240098941397
Understanding Dependence and Addiction
This session to learn about the signs and effects of substance misuse, how dependence develops and how to offer support
|08/03/22||Understanding Dependence and Addiction||10:00|
Book your place on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/174254528987
|17/05/22||Understanding Dependence and Addiction||14:00|
Book your place on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/240119633287
This session focuses on recognising your emotions and building strategies to help with anger
Book your place on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/174261539957
Book your place on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/240132351327
The Wellbeing Service offers an opportunity for organisations delivering services in and around Glasgow to nominate a named contact to promote wellbeing within their organisation and encourage staff and volunteers to take part in wellbeing initiatives. Champions will regularly receive information and advice on how to implement the initiatives in their workplace from our Wellbeing Service Advisor.
To sign up, please download the sign up sheet below and send it to email@example.com