With ongoing skills shortages and a job-rich market, recruitment can be a long and therefore costly process for organisations. To help relieve some of the pressure, GCVS can support organisations with all of your recruitment needs.
A range of support options are available, including admin-based needs such as creation and posting of adverts and application packs, to full recruitment support with GCVS participating in shortlisting and interviewing.
Organisation Lambhill Stables
Post Bike Mechanic, fixed term until 31st March 2023 with possible extension
Salary £19,656 pro rata (0.71 FTE)
Hours 25 hours a week including Saturdays
Location Lambhill Stables
Lambhill Stables is a community owned charity in the North of Glasgow providing recreational, educational, training and employment opportunities. Our aims are to develop and deliver programmes of community-based activities in support of our provisions, to engage in viable and socially inclusive activity and to do so in a sustainable way.
This post is currently funded to 31st March 2023, and will require the post holder to provide service and maintenance to customer bikes, and service our fleet of bikes available for community hire.
As the Bike Mechanic the role will require an ability to organise repair jobs and management of personal workloads working as part of the wider staff team, whilst providing a high standard of customer service and community engagement.
There is a further opportunity for the right individual to support in the development of our bike workshop and help it become a pivotal part of our outdoor activities programme.
Organisation Carnwadric After School Service
Post Service Manager
Salary £12 to £15 p/h depending on experience
Hours 30 hours + per week
To lead and be responsible for the day to day organisation of Carnwadric After School Service, providing a high standard of care and play opportunities for children between 4.5yrs – 11yrs old in a safe and secure environment.
– Lead day to day management of the organisation and maintain working relationships with other site users.
– To work in partnership with the Management Committee to provide appraisal system for staff and the organisation of staff training needs.
– Lead and motivate the team to deliver high quality creative play opportunities and activities in a nurturing and safe environment.
– Uphold, implement and review all policies and procedures required for staff and children.
– Liaise with the Treasurer to ensure rigid financial control on bookings, collection of fees, payroll, ordering and purchasing of supplies.
– To be responsible for day to day records of staff attendance, annual leave, rotas, safe staffing levels, sickness and absences and have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children to ensure staff work within local policies and procedures including safety, hygiene, child protection etc.
– To carry out any other duties which will be seen to enhance the work of the service.
Please Download CASS Service Mgr JD+PS
Application by completed Application Form with Equal Opportunities Form and Criminal Declaration Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE – 24th June
Organisation Maryhill Burgh Halls Trust
Post Cafe Manager
Salary £23,000 per annum pro rata
Hours 30 hours initially rising to 37.5 hours per week.
The post holder will be expected to work flexibly within the opening hours of the cafe which includes weekend working and occasional evening work.
Scope: The management of all functions of the café operation at Maryhill Burgh Halls including management of staff, resources, business development, good food, quality standards and supporting the ethos of exceptional employment opportunities for local people
We are looking for a dynamic experienced Cafe Manager to help deliver the successful opening and running of the operation. We seek someone with strong catering management experience, entrepreneurial attitude and behaviours, great customer service skills and experience of working within a vibrant, creative environment. They will also have a strong value base that promotes training and development. Experience of working with volunteers and people with training needs will be advantageous.
The key elements of the role are:
- Food preparation and planning responsibilities
- Systems and processes responsibilities
Please Download Cafe Manager Job Description 2022 and Cafe Manager Person Specification 2022
Application by submitting CV and covering letter with Equal Opportunities Form and Criminal Declaration Form
CLOSING DATE – 20th June
Organisation Women’s Centre Glasgow
Post Finance Assistant and Office Administrator
Salary £13000 per annum
Hours 20 hours over 5 days
Location Glasgow (office-based)
Scope: Internal Administration and record keeping of centre finances.
- balancing of cash from till
- posting to book keeping/ accounting records to Excel
- action any instructions per finance e.g. purchase or sales invoices
- preparation of volunteer and tutor expenses
- any purchasing for the centre e.g. stationery, event materials, class materials etc. and filing matching invoices with delivery notes:
- prepare banking
- transfer bookkeeping to accounts
- update staff records e.g. holidays/ absence
- balance payroll cash and provisions float
- balance bank (bank reconciliation)
- all finance records posted to Sage software and trial balance squared
- prepare staff payroll record submissions to GCVS and transfer appropriate funds
- GCVS payroll records collated and checked
- prepare finance reports for the Board of Trustees
Recruitment Support for Organisations
Let our team support your organisation with a fair, open and transparent recruitment process. Our years’ of expertise can help you with everything from free advice and support to being part of the interview panel.
We have three options available to meet your budget and needs. Download our flyer for further information and costs.
To instruct us to support your recruitment process, please download and complete the pro forma and send to email@example.com
Additional HR consultancy services include Job Evaluations, Policy Review and Restructure Support, download our flyer for further information and costs.
Interview Package – Albany Centre
Let us help you make the right impression. Our package includes the following:
- Meeting room for interview to take place within the Albany Centre, 44 Ashley Street, Glasgow, G3 6DS
- Personal meet and greet service
- Refreshments available throughout
- Equipment provided to carry out interview test/presentation
- Photocopying of paperwork if required
Half day package: £235 ex VAT
Full day package: £375 ex VAT
Note: All appropriate Covid-19 safety measures are in place within the Albany Centre following a Covid-19 Risk Assessment. More information can be found within our Training & Events Brochure
For any queries or for a bespoke service and quote,
Recruitment Support for Individuals
For those seeking employment opportunities, you can register with us.
By providing your work experience and qualifications as well as your job, salary, location and working hours expectations, organisations looking for temporary or permanent staff can ask us for your contact information (with your permission) to be considered.
Download and complete the Candidate Registration Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org to join our register.
Please look out for upcoming training sessions to improve your knowledge and understanding the importance of a fair and transparent recruitment process for both employers and candidates.
We are also delighted to announce our 2022 Conference on the 14th and 15th of September at Princes House, West Campbell Street, Glasgow.
Find more details and sign up at Eventbrite.
Download the PSS conference programme