Our HR Service has been supporting third sector organisations for over 20 years with expert advice, ensuring compliance with employment law whilst supporting best practice.
Voluntary organisations may not find an internal HR specialist to be affordable; this service is designed to provide professional and reliable, cost-effective external HR support.
GCVS can support organisations with all HR, Employment Law and Best Practice with subscription to the HR Service, access to the HR Consultancy Service and an HR Training programme covering various topics that can also be delivered bespoke.
- Additional HR consultancy services include Job Evaluations, Policy Review and Restructure Support.
Download our HR Service Consultancy Flyer
- Download our People & Safety Brochure
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter for updates, training and insight
- Find all upcoming training sessions and events on Eventbrite
1-5 staff £115 /quarter
6-10 staff £175 /quarter
11-20 staff £249 /quarter
21-30 staff £275 /quarter
31-40 staff £315 /quarter
41-50 staff £349 /quarter
£5 /quarter per person additional fee thereafter
Combined HR and Health & Safety Service:
1-5 staff £180 /quarter
6-10 staff £247 /quarter
11-20 staff £337/quarter
21-30 staff £382 /quarter
31-40 staff £441 /quarter
41-50 staff £493 /quarter
£8 /quarter per person additional fee thereafter
Please contact email@example.com to discuss your needs.
HR Resources (Password protected)
For HR Service members a 10% discount on consultancy is included in the subscription. Whether you are a member of the HR Service or not, if you require support with a project longer, we can help:
- Staff handbook reviews
- Policies and procedures review
- Changing terms and conditions of employment
- Job evaluations
- Redundancies including consultation support
- Charges are based on a daily (£400+vat) or hourly (£65) rate
Download our flyer for further information and costs.
We have a regular programme of training which includes a variety of sessions to develop professional knowledge and understanding for those with line management responsibilities.
We can also provide bespoke training sessions. Our team can provide training, briefings and workshops that can be tailored to suit your needs. All training sessions are suitable for up to 20 people.
- Absence & Attendance Basics of Employment
- Communication Tools Contracts of Employment
- Difficult Conversations Dignity at Work
- Discipline & Grievance Display Screen Equipment
- Employee Engagement Equality & Diversity
- Fire Safety Flexible Working inc TOIL & Flexi-Time
- GDPR (Data Protection) Homeworking
- Induction, Perf Management & Appraisal Interview Skills
- Loneworking Moving & Handling
- Occupational Driving Office Health & Safety
- Parental Rights & Leave Recruitment & Selection
- Restructure & Redundancy Risk Assessments
- Slips, Trips & Falls Stress Management
- Working at Height
Q. How reliable in the advice?
All members of the HR Service team are HR professionals, members of CIPD. We have been supporting HR advice to voluntary sector employers for over 20 years. We regularly update our knowledge and training with research into any changes to employment law and best practice.
Q. What if we need an employment law solicitor?
Natasha is an Employment Law Paralegal and can provide reliable employment law advice which is indemnified. We also have strong working relationships with employment law solicitors who provide preferential rates to members of the HR Service.
Q. How much does it cost to subscribe?
Provision of the HR Service is based on the number of paid staff within the organisation.
Q. How do we subscribe to the HR Service?
Simply contact Natasha for a quote and complete the Subscription Form. As soon as the subscription form has been received, everyone in the organisation with line management responsibilities can benefit from the service.
Q. Do we need to join the HR Service to get consultancy or training?
No. Consultancy and training are available as stand-alone services. Remember, you get a half day of consultancy included with membership. If you just need a small bit of consultancy it may be more cost effective to subscribe to the HR Service and have unlimited access to expert advice and support.
Q. How can we find out more?
Call and speak to Natasha Gordon, HR Service Manager on 0141 354 6515 or email Natasha at firstname.lastname@example.org