Our HR Service has been supporting third sector organisations for over 20 years with expert advice, ensuring compliance with employment law whilst supporting best practice.
Few small voluntary organisations can afford to employ an internal HR specialist, this service is designed to provide cost effective external HR support.
GCVS can support organisations with all HR, Employment Law and Best Practice with subscription to the HR Service membership, access to the HR Consultancy Service and an HR Training programme covering a wide range of topics which can also be delivered on a bespoke basis.
HR Service subscription
The HR Service provides information, advice and support on all aspects of the employment relationship. All template documents, policies and letters are available online for members to download via a secure member-only access page.
The service is specifically supportive to organisations in the voluntary and not for profit sector and we have many years’ experience of working within the third sector.
Benefits of subscribing to the service include:
- Unlimited HR advice and support via telephone and email
- One half day free HR consultancy
- Online access to template style letters, policies, guidance etc via a secure login
- Monthly bulletins with employment law, HR and Health & Safety Information and updates
- Regular emails if/when any urgent matters arise, particularly during COVID-19
- Discounted rates when accessing Employment Law Solicitor support
- Peace of mind that professional HR expertise is only a phone call away
- NEW for 2021: discounted Occupational Health services through Integral OH. For more information: OH Direct Brochure
- Subscription is based on the number of paid staff within an organisation and starts from around £400+vat.
For HR Service members, a half day of consultancy per year is included in the subscription. Whether you are a member of the HR Service or not, if you require support with a project longer, we can help:
- Staff handbook reviews
- Policies and procedures review
- Changing terms and conditions of employment
- Job evaluations
- Redundancies including consultation support
- Charges are based on a daily (£400+vat) or hourly (£65) rate
We have a scheduled programme of training which includes a variety of sessions to develop professional knowledge and understanding for those with line management responsibilities.
We can also provide bespoke training sessions. Our team can provide training, briefings and workshops that can be tailored to suit your needs. All training sessions are suitable for up to 20 people.
- Absence & Attendance Basics of Employment
- Communication Tools Contracts of Employment
- Difficult Conversations Dignity at Work
- Discipline & Grievance Display Screen Equipment
- Employee Engagement Equality & Diversity
- Fire Safety Flexible Working inc TOIL & Flexi-Time
- GDPR (Data Protection) Homeworking
- Induction, Perf Management & Appraisal Interview Skills
- Loneworking Moving & Handling
- Occupational Driving Office Health & Safety
- Parental Rights & Leave Recruitment & Selection
- Restructure & Redundancy Risk Assessments
- Slips, Trips & Falls Stress Management
- Working at Height
Q. How reliable in the advice?
All members of the HR Service team are HR professionals, members of CIPD. We have been supporting HR advice to voluntary sector employers for over 20 years. We regularly update our knowledge and training with research into any changes to employment law and best practice.
Q. What if we need an employment law solicitor?
Natasha is an Employment Law Paralegal and can provide reliable employment law advice which is indemnified. We also have strong working relationships with employment law solicitors who provide preferential rates to members of the HR Service.
Q. How much does it cost to subscribe?
Provision of the HR Service is based on the number of paid staff within the organisation.
Q. How do we subscribe to the HR Service?
Simply contact Natasha for a quote and complete the Subscription Form. As soon as the subscription form has been received, everyone in the organisation with line management responsibilities can benefit from the service.
Q. Do we need to join the HR Service to get consultancy or training?
No. Consultancy and training are available as stand-alone services. Remember, you get a half day of consultancy included with membership. If you just need a small bit of consultancy it may be more cost effective to subscribe to the HR Service and have unlimited access to expert advice and support.
Q. How can we find out more?
Call and speak to Natasha Gordon, HR Service Manager on 0141 354 6515 or email Natasha at firstname.lastname@example.org
GCVS is the main development agency and advocate for voluntary and community organisations in Glasgow and a key partner in Glasgow’s Third Sector Interface. Find out about the benefits of membership.
Sign up to receive updates
The staff at GCVS produce a range of newsletters and bulletins to support the various projects and services that we deliver, sign up here!