Terms and Conditions
GCVS understands the need to protect the privacy of its website users. For that reason we have developed a policy which outlines our practices regarding the retention and passing on of information to other organisations in line with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
- GCVS will not collect any personal data about you unless you consent to this or volunteer this information. Such information includes data such as your name, telephone number, address or email address.
- Where such data is collected, GCVS will only forward on your information to third parties with your consent.
- If you do not want your personal data collected please do not submit it. If you would like any personal data removed please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This privacy statement only covers the GCVS website and does not include any links to other web sites.
- GCVS is not responsible for any information you as a user of the website may post on a web forum or blog.
- GCVS has security measures in place to ensure that no information is lost, altered or misused in any way.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored by your browser (e.g. Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari etc.) on your computer or mobile device. They allow websites to stores information regarding user preferences. You can think of cookie as providing ‘memory’ for the website, so that it can recognise you when you come back and respond appropriately.
- Analytical data – measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
- Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- Preventing fraudulent activity
- Improving security – recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service.
Where Can You Find Out More Information About Cookies
Most web browsers allow some control of cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If you have any issues with this please contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com or by post:
44 Ashley Street
Or if you prefer you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office using the detail on their website at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/.