The Spark is a national relationship support charity, offering training on areas that impact on relationships, particularly aimed at support staff.
Scottish Mental Health First Aid: Young People is a 14-hour blended course (online, plus a 1-day workshop for Part 2) aimed at adults who support or care for young people aged between 11 and 17.
It looks at issues that more commonly affect mental health in young people (alcohol & drugs, cyber-bullying, depression, anxiety, psychosis and eating disorders, and suicide)
- Day workshop on Saturday 12th September 2015
- Cost £75 (includes all training materials and refreshments)
Past participants of SMHFA-YP have had this to say:
- Developed my understanding of mental health issues in relation to young people and my ability to be able to help young people experiencing problems
- Trainer had great intuition, allowed all participants to speak and share, brought humour and a relaxed manner.
- The information and manual issued is very informative and easy to follow and understand.
You can find out more about SMHFA:YP from the NHS Health Scotland website: youngpeople.smhfa.com/about-smhfa/programme.aspx
To book your place, please contact Training@thespark.org.uk