BOARD MEMBERS ADVERT
Youth Community Support Agency (YCSA) has been providing support to vulnerable young people from ethnic minority backgrounds across Glasgow for almost 20 years. Last year the organisation supported over 1350 young people with intensive support provided to over 400 young people and their families.
We wish to appoint new Board Members to provide oversight/governance and seek applicants who understand the issues affecting young people, have good independent judgement, and the ability to work as part of a diverse team.
We hold 6 weekly Board meetings and each director would also be expected to join one of the Board Sub-Committees. We are looking for board members to commit to around 5 hours per month to board work. There may also be one or more Board workshops/seminars which would most likely be between two hours and a full day.
The Charity is particularly interested in candidates who bring significant board experience in the following areas:
- Strategic Planning, Organisational Development & Change Management
- Finance & Accounting
- Therapeutic Support and Criminal Justice
- Youth WorkOrganisation profile:
- YCSA is one of the leading ethnic minority youth organisations in Scotland and has been supporting young people in Glasgow since 1995. We provide therapeutic and intensive support services for young people which include Counselling, Literacy & Numeracy Support, Youth Development & Employability, Addictions Support and Prison ThroughCare.
- We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
For an application form and further information please contact Umar Ansari, Chief Executive on 0141 420 6600 or email email@example.com
Closing Date for applications is 17th December 2014