GCVS is working with Glasgow City Council to change how people in Glasgow living in poverty get support and help. The Scottish Government is supporting a multi-agency Pathfinder which aims to transform how we work together across the voluntary and public sectors to eradicate poverty in the city.
Part of this is to develop a No Wrong Door approach in the city, where citizens enter ‘the system’ at any level. Whether through the public or voluntary sector, access to services should be easy with a holistic approach. Instead of dealing with only one aspect of a citizen’s situation or signposting people in the hope they will access other services, the goal is to create a network which offers seamless support. Nearly 100 voluntary sector organisations have signed up so far to join the No Wrong Door network and work together to make this happen.
If you are a voluntary sector organisation working in Glasgow and would like to be part of the partnership developing this new approach, you can sign up to the commitments below. Please use the form below to let us know, and we will be in touch to arrange to come to talk to you about being part of No Wrong Door.
By working collaboratively, we can ensure that the people of Glasgow receive better access to the help and support they need to flourish. We commit to actively participating in the development of the No Wrong Door model to this end.
- We will identify and challenge barriers that prevent the people of Glasgow from accessing the support they need.
- We will work collaboratively with other third and public-sector services to put people at the centre of service delivery.
- We will use data and insights to identify and bridge the gaps between people and services.
- We will participate in a process of ongoing and continuous learning to share our insights and promote best practices.
- We will co-produce a radical overhaul of service delivery in Glasgow to focus on prevention and early intervention.
- Create a shared agenda incorporating diverse perspectives and inputs from different sectors.
- Facilitate open and transparent discussions on the challenges and opportunities of a No Wrong Door Model to build an operational framework.
If your organisation would like to become part of the No Wrong Door network in Glasgow, please complete the form below, and we will contact you to discuss this.
I’m Interested in Being Part of the No Wrong Door Approach
If you have any questions about the project or pledging your support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org