Based at the Albany, GCVS has operated a highly successful SVQ centre for over 10 years and has contributed to the workforce development of the Third Sector in supporting staff to achieve SVQs relating to their work role.
GCVS have consistently been commended by SQA for the work they do with the Third Sector. We have a work force of highly skilled professionals who can support staff to achieve SVQs, giving them individualised support in the workplace. There is no day release, with the exception of a 1 day induction, saving organisations the cost of providing cover for staff to attend courses. Delivery arrangements can be tailored to suit the needs of your organisation.
Key features are:-
- There are no minimum entry or age limits
- Candidates’ needs are addressed individually
- Workshops are provided for induction and support
- Candidates are supported by their assessor through their SVQ
- E-portfolios provides remote access and shorter completion timeframes.
- All courses have flexible start dates.
SVQs can benefit your organisation by:
- Encouraging employees to think about the work they do
- Encouraging employees to consider the policies and procedures which affect them
- Providing the opportunity to improve good practice
- Raising the skills of your workforce to National Occupational Standards.
We currently offer the following SVQs:
- Advice and Guidance: Level 2 – 4
- Business Administration: Level 2 – 4
- Customer Service: Level 2 -3
- Social Services and Healthcare : Levels 2 – 4
- Management: Levels 3 – 4
- Community Development: Levels 2 – 4
- Learning and Development: Levels 3 – 4
- PDA Diploma in Training and Development
- PDA Promoting Excellence in Dementia Care Practice
Costs to undertake an SVQ range from £600 – £2000 depending on the level of qualification.
Contact us to find out more on 0141 332 2444 or at email@example.com
We provide an extensive and growing range of practical and technical learning support services to improve third sector organisations’ management, governance and sustainability.
GCVS is the main development agency and advocate for voluntary and community organisations in Glasgow and a key partner in Glasgow’s Third Sector Interface. We help voluntary organisations unite to make a strong collective voice in Glasgow.
Sign up to recieive updates
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings.