POST TITLE: Community Development Officer
Salary: £35,500 – £38,242
Contract: Three-year fixed term contract, funded by Glasgow Communities Fund and Rosemount Development Trust
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Glasgow / Hybrid
Rosemount Development Trust is seeking an enthusiastic individual with a broad skill set and experience of delivering community led regeneration.
Purpose of post: The Community Development Officer role is a diverse and ever-evolving role. Working closely with the community of Royston and the Royston Strategy Group, on behalf of the Trust, to promote regeneration and facilitate the implementation of priority projects identified in the Royston Vision & Strategy. The Development Officer will lead, manage, and implement community focussed initiatives, overseeing community engagement, options appraisals, developing plans, seeking funding and co-ordinating asset transfers.
Key functions of the role:
- Provide the enthusiasm, motivation and determination needed to see projects through to a successful outcome.
- Work with expert consultant advice and guidance to support recommendations and plans.
- Undertake regular community consultation, informing the development of all projects.
- Identify funding opportunities, prepare, and submit funding applications, manage relationships with and report to funders appropriately.
- Undertake project planning, management and implementation to ensure the projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Carry out risk assessments on all projects, ensuring that neither the Trust nor the people of Royston are exposed to unnecessary jeopardy. Develop risk management plans to track, log and manage risk issues.
- Oversee project budgets and liaise with the Managing Director to manage financial arrangements.
- Publicise Rosemount Development Trust and network with other relevant organisations.
- Monitor and evaluate project progress and produce written and oral reports to the Managing Director, Board of Directors, and Royston Strategy Group on a regular basis.
- Manage the Trust’s Community Benefit Fund, liaise with and assist applicants, monitor, and review applications, present applications to the Board and publicise the Fund.
- Keep up to date with relevant legislation and policy related to the projects and make any necessary modifications to accommodate changes.
The post-holder will be based at Rosemount Business Park, 141 Charles Street, G21 2QA.
Rosemount Development Trust is committed to a policy of equality & diversity.
Completed application forms to be sent to email@example.com
Closing Date is Friday 24th November 2023 at 12:30pm