£17,544-£19,317 per annum dependant on experience
35 Hours per week (Fixed term until March 2017)
Jump2it is an exciting and engaging health and citizenship-led primary school programme which utilises professional athletes to deliver positive interactive messages on healthy living, fitness, healthy eating, the dangers of smoking and alcohol.
The co-ordinator will be responsible for ensuring and maintaining the effective running of the Jump2it programme being carried out by SSF and its project partners across Scotland, the post will report directly to the programme manager. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- Supporting the ongoing Jump2it evaluation by collating; evaluations, teachers feedback and conducting and reporting on evaluations with partners
- Scheduling the Jump2it programme nationwide, sourcing and managing sessional staff including volunteers
- Responsible for close and effective partnership working with a variety of local and national partners
- Assisting the Programme manager with monthly and quarterly reportingKey Project Areas:
- Work closely with active schools coordinators, teachers and other partners across Scotland to ensure the smooth running and implementation of the Jump2it programme in various Local Authorities
- Monitor the programme to ensure that overall project aims and objectives are being met. When necessary, provide constructive feedback to Jump2it delivery teams and sessional staff to improve ongoing effectiveness.
- Maintain an accurate account of all projects and report their findings to the Jump2it Manager.
Requirements for the post holder
- Excellent organisational skills
- IT literate and proficient with MS office applications
- The ability to collect and collate data received from schools
- Experience of working with schools and other partners
- Proven experience in scheduling and running mass events
- Be educated to HND/ degree level or relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Hold a current clean drivers licence
- Project/programme evaluation experience
- Experience in running major sporting events
- Experience of maintaining a community schedule for multiple partners
- Previous experience of liaising closely with, scheduling and booking programmes for primary schools
- Be prepared to undergo clearance from Disclosure Scotland/ PVG
- Interest in sport for development initiatives
For the above post, please provide your CV and a one page covering letter to demonstrate how you meet the person specification highlighting the relevance of your skills, experience and suitability for the post. Please include where you heard about this vacancy. Applicants who do not meet criteria above will unfortunately not be considered for interview. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 12th December 2014
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 17th December at the Emirates Arena, Glasgow