One of our SVQ suite of awards which continues to grow in popularity is Community Development. Like all SVQ’s, the Community Development awards offer candidates the chance to gain an accredited qualification while they work.
From level 2 (SCQF 5) to level 4 (SCQF Level 8), these awards offer options for everyone working with communities, groups and networks. GCVS currently support candidates working in homelessness, the recovery community, mental health and community groups. All have very different roles but all finding relevance and opportunities for learning within the awards.
Examples of some of the units in the Community Development awards which help support candidates practice are:
- Support Communities who Want to Bring About Positive Social Change (level 2)
- Promote and Support Effective Relationships Between Communities and Public Bodies and Other Agencies (Level 3)
- Facilitate Community Learning for Social and Political Development (level 4)
The qualifications also encourage candidates to identify and explore their own personal development. For example:
- Develop Yourself as a Community Development Practitioner (level 2)
- Supervise and Support Community Development Practitioners (Level 3)
- Provide Leadership in Your Area of Responsibility (level 4)
One of our Level 4 candidates is a Community Recovery Development Worker. He summed up the impact the award is making on his work in one word; ‘Confidence!’ He went on to explain that he feels that his competence will be polished and achieving the award will make him more effective in his role.
For more information on any of the Community Development awards, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org