Youth Scotland is the largest non-uniformed youth organisation in Scotland. This year, to mark the end of celebrating their 80th anniversary, they are offering free membership to clubs and groups across Glasgow that have not been members of the network before.
Youth Scotland membership is open to youth groups and other groups that use a youth work approach to work with young people. To become a full member of Youth Scotland you should be able to demonstrate that you are delivering community based youth work where:
- Young people choose to participate.
- The work builds from where young people are.
- The group recognises the young person and the youth worker as partners in a learning process.
They are offering one year’s free membership, which features the following benefits:
- Help to register workers/ volunteers with the PVG scheme
- Access to a tailor-made insurance package (at additional cost)
- Access to Youth Work Essentials, which includes information, sample policies and employment law advice
- Free or discounted training, delivered at times and locations that suit you
- Free Dynamic Youth Awards registration
- Access to up to £3,000 through Youth Scotland’s small grants schemes
- Opportunities for your young people through Youth Scotland projects, including Girls on the Move and Young People Taking the Lead
- Peace of mind, knowing that your group is part of a network of over 1,000 youth groups delivering safe and inspiring activities for Scotland’s young people.
Learn more about Youth Scotland’s membership benefits on the attached Membership Matters document.
To access your free membership follow the link to the membership forms:
- For membership only please use the ‘Membership Only’ form and put ‘Open Glasgow’ in the payment section.
If you would like Youth Scotland’s insurance scheme please use the ‘Insurance and Membership’ form and pay the appropriate insurance fee as directed, putting ‘Open Glasgow’ into the membership payment section.
If you would like more information about Youth Scotland you can visit their website.