Neglect is one of the priority areas for Glasgow. To support multi-agency working, the Glasgow Child Protection Committee developed a Neglect Toolkit (now called Assessment of Care Toolkit) in partnership with Action for Children. Training on this is now being refreshed across the city. There will be four training sessions between June and November in each of the three localities. This training session is for HSCP and third sector staff working iin NW Glasgow.
The course will start at 9.30am and is a full day course, ending at 4.00pm. A sandwich lunch will be provided.
The aim of the session is:
- To set the context for Glasgow’s introduction of the neglect practice toolkit – an adaptation of Graded Care Profile
- To explore the ‘Working with neglect; practice toolkit’ as a tool for intervention and assessment and onward referral, where indicated.
- To provide participants with the opportunity to measure, assess and target areas of neglect to support the families they are working with
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Engage collaboratively with parents/carers in responding to situations where neglect is identified.
- Develop action plans to work more effectively on a multi-agency basis with families where there are issues of neglect
There are 25 places available – 15 for HSCP staff working in North West Glasgow – and 10 for third sector organisations that work with families in NW Glasgow. Third sector organisations can only have one place per organisation.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Bring a printed ticket or your order confirmation on your phone.
Are refreshments provided?
Free tea and coffee is provided at breaks and water dispensers are available.
Where can I park?
Pay and display parking bays are plentiful around the Albany. However, parking is for a max of 3 hours.
The Albany is conveniently situated for St George’s Cross Subway station and Charing Cross railway station. There is metered on-street parking outside the building. See the GCVS website for transport details here.
Is the venue accessible?
The Albany is fully accessible with ramp access, lifts and accessible toilets on each floor.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferable?
You can arrange for someone else in your organisation to attend the event in your place.