GCVS understands the need to protect the privacy of its website users. For that reason we have developed a policy which outlines our practices regarding the retention and passing on of information to other organisations in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- GCVS will not collect any personal data about you unless you consent to this or volunteer this information. Such information includes data such as your name, telephone number, address or email address.
- Where such data is collected, GCVS will only forward on your information to third parties with your consent.
- If you do not want your personal data collected please do not submit it. If you would like any personal data removed please contact email@example.com
- This privacy statement only covers the GCVS website and does not include any links to other web sites.
- GCVS is not responsible for any information you as a user of the website may post on a web forum or blog.
- GCVS has security measures in place to ensure that no information is lost, altered or misused in any way.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally. These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
You can block or control whether you allow cookies to be used via your browser settings. More information about can be found on the About Cookies website.