HR advice, consultancy and training
Few small voluntary organisations can afford to employ a personnel specialist, and that’s what the service offers you. Help when you need it…and before!
GCVS provides three ways to give you that help.
- Employers’ Advice Service membership
- HR consultancy service
- HR training
Employers’ Advice Service membership
The EAS provides information, advice and support on all aspects of employing and managing paid staff.
The service is specifically aimed at small to medium organisations in the voluntary and not for profit sector and we have many years’ experience of working with this client group.
Subscribing to the service includes
- Unlimited phone or email advice and support on all HR issues.
- Up to 4 hours ‘hands-on’ consultancy time p.a.
- Discounted rates for top employment lawyers
- Discounted medical reports
- Peace of mind that professional HR expertise is only a phone call away
The cost of subscription is based on the number of paid staff you have and starts from around £330 + vat.
For EAS members, 4 hours of consultancy per annum is included in the subscription. If you need longer, or if you do not want to join, but do need help with a one-off bit of work we can help. Consultancy services include
- Staff handbook development and reviews
- Policies and procedures development and reviews
- Changing terms and conditions of employment
- Redundancies and closures
Charges are based on a daily or hourly rate.
We offer training, briefings and workshops that can be tailored to suit your needs. Topics include those noted below, and others can be provided on request.
- Becoming an employer / being a good employer
- Supporting and supervising staff
- Employment law updates
- Recruitment and selection
- Managing absence
- Discipline and Grievance
- .. and many others
All training sessions are suitable for up to 12 people and handouts are provided.
- Unlimited telephone or e-mail advice and support on any employment related issues during normal office hours.
- Up to 4 hours consultancy per annum. For example you may want us to attend a meeting at your premises, or review your policies. If you need additional time, that will be charged separately.
- Quarterly bulletin on employment issues and law updates.
- Reduced rates for top employment lawyers and medical advisers.
- Peace of mind: help with those tricky questions is only a phone call away!