A workshop aimed at supporting professionals who would like to gain a greater understanding of the impact of childhood abuse/trauma and best practice in supporting disclosures.
- Date and Time: Friday 22nd September, 10am – 4pm
- Venue: Teacher Building, 14 St Enoch Square, Glasgow, G1 4DB
- Cost: Places are £80 for voluntary organisations and £100 for statutory organisations.
- Refreshments and Lunch included
Topics covered will include:
- Prevalence of Childhood Abuse
- Barriers to Children Disclosing
- Barriers to Adults Disclosing
- Long Term Impacts
- Understanding Coping Strategies
- Impact on Non-Abusing Parents
- Supporting Disclosure
- Disclosure and Beyond – Supporting Recovery
- Survivor’s Stories
What others have said about our training:
- “Practical exercises gave me a whole new insight into some of the barriers in speaking out”
- “Loved the experiential exercises – gave another dimension to the training”
- “I now feel I have a much fuller understanding of how difficult disclosure can be and why”
Become a GCVS member
GCVS is the main development agency and advocate for voluntary and community organisations in Glasgow and a key partner in Glasgow’s Third Sector Interface. Become a member and join our collective voice.