Scottish Families Affected by Alcohol & Drugs
Scottish Families Affected by Alcohol and Drugs invites family members, practitioners, academics and policy-makers to ‘It’s all Relative’, a family conference. This two-day conference gives the community supporting those with problems around alcohol or drugs the opportunity to come together and share experiences, as well as hear from expert speakers and attend sessions on holistic support for families.
Please note there is no charge for tickets for family members. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding costs or support for travel arrangements. Phone 0141 221 0544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keynote Speaker – Aileen Campbell, MSP, Minister for Public Health
- My Story – Hearing from family members as experts by experience
- ‘It’s all Relative’ discussion session
- Breakout sessions including Everything You Wanted to Know About Drugs but Were Afraid to Ask, Introduction to Mindfulness, CRAFT group tasters and Starting a Family Support Group.
- After dinner speaker Paula McGuire, Paula Must Try Harder. From anxious recluse to trier, speaker, author and, some days, trainee astronaut, Paula McGuire is the world’s least likely adventurer, with the world’s most inspiring adventure story.
- Optional Beginners Yoga session
- Welcome from Chair
- Scottish Families AGM and Launch of new Strategic Plan
- Keynote Speaker – Karyn McCluskey, Chief Executive, Community Justice Scotland – ‘The Strength of Families’
- My Story – Panel discussion and Q&A
Become a GCVS member
GCVS is the main development agency and advocate for voluntary and community organisations in Glasgow and a key partner in Glasgow’s Third Sector Interface. Become a member and join our collective voice.