Nicola Paterson Trainee CBT Therapist on behalf of Lifelink.
Time and dates: 2pm-4pm 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th of November 2017 OR 2-4pm 1st, 6th, 8th,13th & 15th December 2017.
Location: Lifelink Suite 4 Melisa House, 3 Brand Place, Ibrox Glasgow, G51 1DR
This link shows a map of where we will be hosting this event:
There is on street parking and you will see Melisa House beside a sign for “Little Stars Nursery”. There is a buzzer entry system please press the Lifelink buzzer and come up the stairs or to floor one by lift, open door number four and have a seat on the leather couch in the reception area and Natalie or Nicola will come and walk with you to the training room.
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
This event is completely free and is for you to come along and learn some new strategies to cope in times of stress. We are Trainee Cognitive Behavioural Therapists and are here to help you to learn something about yourself. This is not group therapy- meaning that we will not be asking you to share personal experiences – if you would like to you are more than welcome. There is absolutely no pressure on anyone it is an opportunity for you to learn things about yourself- what you get out of the course will be an individual experience. Natalie and Nicola will facilitate five sessions which will cover a variety of moods and a variety of examples of unhealthy coping styles when different moods are present and how we can teach ourselves to think more positively and adjust our coping styles.
What to expect?
Arrival for the group to start at 2pm
- Ice breakers
- Create a contract of confidentiality together
- Overview of what to expect
- Exploring potential events and environments that can impact your mood changes
- Alternative ways to cope with mood changes in times of stress or anxiety
- Looking at what self-esteem is and helping you consider some coping strategies when you feel a dip in your self-esteem.
- Safety behaviours and how they impact your self-esteem
- Group activities to boost your self-esteem
- Relaxation exercises
- Exploring anger, passiveness, assertiveness and aggression
- Thoughts and how they impact us
- Deep breathing exercise
- Looking at body language
- Resilience activities
- How to measure your resilience in various mood changing times
- How do our thoughts, feelings and behaviours impact our mood?
- How is self-esteem linked to anger, stress, resilience and anxiety?
- Strategies to monitor your energy levels
- Example case studies
- Exploring your moments of negativity and learning positive data logging
- Memory strategies using relaxation and CBT tools.
- Overview of what you have learned
- Question time
- Being good to yourself exercise
- How do you feel you could cope with your moods now?
- Receive a pack of all handouts etc that we have used with you for your own use
- Journaling exercises
- Guided relaxation
We would appreciate if you could arrange to meet for thirty minutes for a face to face introductory meeting before the commencement of the course. This will be arranged with you dependent on your location and where would be easier for you. This is to meet us, fill out some paper work such as details, what you would like to get out of these sessions, a risk assessment, ask any questions and to cover any additional supports that we could put in place for you. Could you email or text your availability accompanied by your name to email@example.com or text 07496508558.
Become a GCVS member
GCVS is the main development agency and advocate for voluntary and community organisations in Glasgow and a key partner in Glasgow’s Third Sector Interface. Become a member and join our collective voice.