Margaret Paterson Vacancy
Could you help The Village Storytelling Centre develop, grow and govern its work?
The Village Storytelling Centre is a grassroots arts organisation based in the South West of Glasgow that develops and delivers story-led projects to a wide range of participants, with a particular focus on people who are disadvantaged.
Since its establishment in 2000 the Village has worked with many thousands of people, supporting them to find a voice and to shape and share their stories. Storytelling is not only a hugely enjoyable experience for the audiences it is also a way of
inspiring and supporting the growth and development of individuals and communities.
- We empower people to learn about themselves and each other
- We promote access to education, training and employment by developing personal skills and self confidence
- We enhance understanding and mutual respect between individuals and groups within the community as a basis for meaningful and creative relationships
- We encourage the art and tradition of storytelling
- We collaborate with others to promote our shared values and aims
The Village Storytelling Centre is now on the journey to becoming a social enterprise organisation and is exploring many other exciting new development opportunities.
We are looking for Board Members to help us on this journey, ideally bringing
skills and experience in areas such as fundraising, HR, social enterprise, community
arts or an interest in the work of the organisation and its aims.
This is a part-time, voluntary position.
Become a GCVS member
GCVS is the main development agency and advocate for voluntary and community organisations in Glasgow and a key partner in Glasgow’s Third Sector Interface. Become a member and join our collective voice.