Managing People (ILM Endorsed Course)
Endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)
Cost: £950 members, £1,150 non-members
‘Can I just say how much I enjoyed the course. The style and pace of the teaching was excellent – and the group size meant that the class really got the chance to gel.’
Aims & Objectives:
- To explore ways of creating a positive working environment that promotes effective working relationships and positive people management.
- To explore ways of ensuring that organisations get the right person into the job through a fair, lawful and accountable selection process.
- To reflect on the need to manage performance effectively and review their own processes, procedures and skills in order to ensure they manage people resources effectively and achieve the performance objectives required.
- To examine different scenarios of problems with employees, gaining an understanding of the differences between them, and confidence in dealing with them appropriately in accordance with employment law and best practice.
- To consolidate learning and explore how to implement learning within a team environment ensuring that both individual and team development leads to more effective performance.
- Participants will feel more confident and empowered in managing staff.
- Improvement in the working environment and employee relations.
- Staff being managed in accordance with principles of best practice and employment law.
The course is endorsed through the Institute of leadership & Management (ILM) and delegates will receive an ILM certificate based on practical work and assessment during the course and the production of 2 short reports, an induction plan and a job evaluation exercise that will be given as homework.
Participants should complete the Learning Styles Questionnaire and bring to Day 1 of the course.
This 5 day course will run twice.
Trainer: Linden Stables, GCVS
You could use your for this course.
Return to training programme