We provide an extensive and growing range of practical and technical learning support services to improve third sector organisations’ management, governance and sustainability.
In line with our Thrive agenda, these services have been developed with aspirations for a community and voluntary sector that is learning, thriving and growing.
Our Strategic Learning Areas
- Support and development of Glasgow’s third sector workforce.
- Building strong sustainable well managed third sector organisations.
- Supporting third sector staff and organisations to manage change and play a full and active role in, their communities, planning structures and delivery of services as relevant to the geographical and thematic areas in which they operate.
- Enabling the third sector to actively engage in community learning activities within the city.
Our Work Streams
To cover this full breadth of strategic learning areas, we have a number of work streams, specifically:
- Training Programme – Developed to meet the needs of Glasgow’s third sector and revised every year in line with changing demand. Run in the Albany Learning and Conference Centre;
- SVQ Courses – a Scottish Vocational Qualifications Centre.
- Organisational Development – including Capacity Building, Employers’ Advice Service and the Equalities Programme
- Adult Literacy & Numeracy – a support service for providers in Glasgow
- Life Long Learning – including the CLD CPD network and connections to the CLD Standards Council.