The Poverty Alliance is encouraging organisations to take action for Challenge Poverty Week which will take place from October 12th to 18th this year.
The main aims of the week are to:
- Highlight the reality of poverty and challenge the stereotypes about exist about it;
- Demonstrate what is being done across Scotland to address poverty
- Increase public support for more action to combat poverty
With welfare reform driving more and more people into crisis, they are calling for organisations that work to tackle poverty to highlight what they are doing and to organise their own events. To become involved your organisation/group could:
- Organise a discussion
- Have an open day for your organisation
- Raise some money for a local project
- Speak to a local politician about what needs to be done
More information about Challenge Poverty Week can be found on the Poverty Alliance website.