Third Sector Co-ordination
At the onset of their involvement from May 2011, the Third Sector Reference Group (TSRG) agreed that it was important to secure resources for the key partners and wider member organisations, to help them to participate in the changes will come about through ’s and its Reshaping Care for Older People .
The support package consists of a Strategic Co-ordinator post, a communications budget, and a Technical Support and Partnership Development Fund (TSPDF).
The role of the Strategic Co-ordinator is:
- Support the Third Sector Reference Group (TSRG). This group is crucial in coordinating the input of the Third Sector into the Reshaping Care plans . There is a particular emphasis on Capacity Building.
- Build relationships that create strong partnerships with the statutory and independent sectors
- Help the different groups to collaborate
- Act as the central point of contact for partners and assist in identifying good practice
- Help partners to feed into the processes that will influence future planning, services redesign and resource allocation
- Support information sharing
Technical Support and Partnership Development Fund
The Strategic Co-ordinator manages both the communications budget and the TSPDF. The purpose of the fund is to support and increase the capacity of Third Sector agencies to become involved in RCOP.
Some examples of work that has been supported in 2010-11 are:
- Volunteering -
- Support for carers– development of a consultation mechanism for RCOP
- Lifelong learning for older disabled people - Pathways for Change events
- Engagement mechanisms - Organisations holding RCOP information and consultation meetings
- Partnership involvement - A number of awards to increase the ability of key partner organisations to fulfil their representative roles within RCOP
- Community Housing - A Programme of activity to support community controlled housing association to gather baseline information on services that benefit older resident to live independently; and to develop a case for the contribution the housing-led solutions can made towards RCOP
The fund for 2011-12 is now fully allocated and will be reopened in April 2012 for more information contact Gillian McCamley
Funding for Partners
Potential areas that partners can access funding include support to:
- fulfil their key representational role within RCOP
- lead on development and co-ordination tasks with RCOP
- promote RCOP
- consult with their constituencies to help build intelligence
- implement policy and best practice
- share information and engage in partnership activities
- make strong, informed contributions to key Change Fund processes and structures, such as forward planning or evaluation.
The resources available via the communication budget aims to assist active engagement and communication about RCOP with the wider community, such as:
- the organisation of engagement events
- the development and production of briefings
- enabling consultation and engagement
- information sharing
For more information contact Gillian McCamley at GCVS on 0141 332 2444 or at Gillian.firstname.lastname@example.org.