The COVID-19 outbreak is having an impact across all of society and the third sector is not immune to this.
Whether you have had to adapt how you work, respond to need in your community or take action to protect your organisation, this is a challenging and stressful time for many charities and community groups.
With this in mind, Ian Bruce, our Chief Executive is facilitating a Zoom video conference call on Wednesday 22 April at 3pm. This is an opportunity to find out more about what is happening and support available to you. The session will include:
• An input from Cllr Susan Aitken and Cllr Jen Layden on the contribution that the third sector has made to the city at this time
• An update from GCVS about the city-wide response – Shielding, Shielding Plus, Glasgow Helps
• An update from Natasha Gordon, GCVS HR Advice Service about the furloughing of staff
• An update from David Maxwell, Volunteer Glasgow, about volunteering, PVG and other related issues.
• Update from Susan Robinson, GCVS Funding Officer, about funding and support to organisations.
• Feedback from you on challenges in the sector and development needs
• Identifying emerging needs in communities
If interested, please register so that we can send you information on how to join the Zoom call.