EARLY YEARS PRACTITIONERS
2 Full Time Posts, Glasgow
Could you inspire our youngest people to become the amazing citizens of the future?
Early Years Practitioners (EYPs) with Early Years Scotland (EYS) have a unique, exciting role within the early years sector. Our EYPs utilise all of the excellent skills, knowledge and experience they have acquired through their studies and previous posts, to work with children and their families together, supporting family engagement, and family learning.
Would you like to work with children and families together, in group sessions within the community?
Our staff work hand-in-hand with children and families on a continual basis, across varied settings within communities and primary schools, with a focus on enriching and enhancing parental skills, and capacity to improve, strengthen and maximise:
- positive attachments and relationships between parents and children
- early literacy and communication
- shared interactions and approaches to learning
- cost-free enriched home learning environments
- healthy living
You will be fully involved in planning, developing and evaluating the innovative shared play and learning sessions you deliver, and a typical week’s activity could look something like this:
|Monday||Participating in staff professional learning/supporting young parents in the community|
|Tuesday||In the community delivering a workshop on oral health in a Parent and Toddler group|
|Wednesday||In a school setting delivering Stay, Play and Learn sessions with P1 and P2 children, and their families|
|Thursday||Working with eligible 2-year olds and their families, to achieve a shared understanding of children’s learning and development|
|Friday||Delivering baby massage sessions with mums and dads in a community setting.|
EYS will likewise invest in you, providing regular professional learning and experience opportunities that will enhance your career profile, develop your skills and knowledge in creative and unique ways, and inspire your practice in new and exciting ways.
Post Details (All pay and allowances are pro-rata and subject to continued funding)
- Full Time: 35 hours per week over 52 weeks per annum
- Salary starting at £20,263 per annum (Point 19 on scale 19 – 22, hourly rate £11.13)
- 20 days annual leave in first year, and 30 days thereafter
- 12 public holidays per year
- A range of staff benefits including:
- Provision of regular professional learning sessions on a range of topics relevant to your post
- 5% employer pension contribution from 3 months’ service;
- Employee Assistance Programme (online, telephone and personal advice on a wide range of subjects);
- Paid sick leave entitlement on a service-related increasing scale
- Support for professional learning qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/adoption leave pay for eligible staff
Applicants should be eligible to register as a Practitioner with SSSC (e.g. HNC Early Education & Childcare or SVQ Level 3 Children’s Care, Learning and Development). A full, current driving licence with own transport for business use and membership of PVG Scheme are required.
Closing date for applications: Monday 25 November 2019
Interviews are expected to be held: Tuesday 3 December 2019
Application forms and full post information can be downloaded https://earlyyearsscotland.org/about-us/job-vacancies and completed applications emailed to email@example.com. Please do not send CVs as only completed Early Years Scotland application forms will be considered. For more information, please contact HR on 0141 221 4148.
Early Years Scotland is an Equal Opportunities Employer