13 groups in Glasgow will share over £95,000 from the most recent round of funding from Awards for All from the Big Lottery Fund Scotland.
Common Wheel, secured over £8,000 for their bid to engage with dementia sufferers in Glasgow care homes, using storytelling, music and dance in a bid to connect with connect with and bring joy to the lives of those affected by dementia, while Al-Falaah Academy in Pollokshields won around £7,000 to buy sports equipment for classes aimed at young BME people.
Other organisations in Glasgow awarded funding are
- DOJO 813 (SCIO)
- Glasgow Eagles Sports Club
- Greater Easterhouse Supporting Hands
- Hospital Broadcasting Service
- Larkfield Centre
- Lethamhill Junior Golf Club
- Real Food, Real Folk Limited
- Sparta Trampoline Club
- O.A.D.S (Trauma of Alcohol and Drugs Support)
- Unity for Integration Project
- Visual Statement
Awards for All Scotland is a partnership between Big Lottery fund and SportScotland which administers grants of between £500 – £10,000 to projects that bring communities together to enjoy a range of activities. Groups interested in applying to this fund can access more information here